Native iOS App
Lead Designer & Developer
Nooch: P2P Mobile Payments
Nooch lets you send and receive payments from friends, family, roommates - or anyone - anytime, anywhere. Nooch replaces paper checks and cash to make it simple, private and free to pay and get paid.
Anything and everything ;-)
- Designed all screens and UX for iOS app, Angular web app, and admin dashboard (in C#)
- Recruited and led six-person development team and coordinated project sprints with off-shore devs.
- Secured bank partnership to launch PA-only pilot. Managed strategy overhaul when that bank failed by changing our model to avoid holding users’ funds so we could re-launch without needing a bank.
- Created and maintained all compliance and employee training materials (BSA, AML, GLBA, NACHA).
- Developed automated anti-fraud processes which prevented 100% of malicious transactions.
- All initial compliance policies and strategy (BSA, AML, KYC, GLBA, NACHA)
- Securing key partnerships with industry leaders in technology, security, compliance, & banking.
- Managing branding overhaul & all UX design for Nooch's iOS app (native iOS and Ionic cross-platform)
- Representing Nooch in regional & national competitions, including 1st place wins in Duke & Drexel University-sponsored business competitions
- Presenting Nooch to: Philly Tech Meetup, Mobile Monday, Philly Tech Week, StartMeUp Radio 106.9, Vator Splash SF, and more
- Finalist (Small Tech) | Marcum Innovator of the Year Region’s Business Journal, 2013
- Faculty Panelist | Mobile Payments Regulatory Triggers, New Business Models & Technologies, Law Seminars International, 2013
- Featured Panelist | Millennials & P2P Payments, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago Payments Symposium, 2012
- 1st Place | Baiada Incubator Competition Drexel University, 2012
- 1st Place | Duke Startup Challenge - Elevator Pitch Duke University, 2011